This little tool is one of the finest pieces of gear you can own, and absolutely holds its own. Each part is made by Abel, and they are tested with extreme use. There is a two year warranty on jaws, and a nominal fee for replacement after that. Solid tones feature the Sunrise Fly Shop icon on the front.
Abel once again raised the level of what a fishing tool could by taking one of the most basic accessories, and re-envisioning it with high quality parts, and perfected performance. Instead of the typical cutter-and-anvil design, the Abel Nipper features two jaws with knife grade steel cutting blades that cleanly snip 8X tippet, heavy leader material, and even braided backing. Overbuilt? Yes. Overkill? Definitely not. The Abel Nipper has quickly become one of the most essential items to include in a fly fisher’s, and fly tyer’s kit.
- Designed, manufactured and assembled in the USA
- Anodized 6061-T6 aluminum body construction
- Replaceable jaws - machined out of premium grade Crucible CPM S35VN stainless steel, then heat treated to 58-60rc
- Engineered to cut 7X - 100 lb mono and braid
- Two Year limited warranty on the jaws after initial purchase
- Pin - 316 stainless steel